photo f_recipes.jpg" />

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Betty White Was In My Kitchen And She Knows My Grandmother

I heard laughter and jovialness coming from our kitchen, so I decided to investigate.

Frankly, I was bit perturbed that fun was happening and I wasn't part of it.

I rounded the corner and peeked into the kitchen.

My father was standing next to my grandmother, who had her arm around the shoulder of another older woman whose face I couldn't see. Clearly, my grandmother dropped by for a surprise visit with this woman. My dad said something funny that sent the rest of the people in the kitchen - my mother and my aunt (her sister) - into hysterics.

I slipped into the kitchen and stood behind my mom.

I finally caught a glimpse of the woman.

It was Betty White.

In our kitchen.

Brought by my grandmother.

I was all kinds of shocked and excited.

I tried to look and act calm, but inside I was shouting "BETTY WHITE IS IN MY KITCHEN!! BETTY WHITE IS IN MY KITCHEN!! AND SHE'S WITH MY GRANDMOTHER!! MY GRANDMOTHER KNOWS BETTY WHITE!! HOW DOES MY GRANDMOTHER KNOW BETTY WHITE?? HOW DOES BETTY WHITE KNOW MY GRANDMOTHER??? THIS IS AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!!"

I whipped out my iPhone and tried to take a stealth photo to put on Facebook, but I just couldn't make it happen. I felt nerdy. I felt like I was invading the moment. And I didn't want to miss being in the moment. So I just held my phone in my hand and went back to laughing. I don't even know what we were laughing about. But my grandmother and Betty were laughing so hard they were crying.

And then I felt something on my arm. I looked down to see what it was.

And I woke up.

Hmph.

Just a dream.

I'm thinking I need to lay off the Golden Girl reruns and Coke Zero before bedtime.

Or it was a message that I need to start being in the moment more with family and friends, and the second I get distracted by something and turn my attention to the distraction, the moment will go away.

Or my grandmother has been holding out on us all these years, and she really does know Betty White. My grandmother knows everybody.

Eh...it was probably the Coke Zero.


Signature

1 comment:

  1. But can you imagine if she was eating cheesecake? hahaaa!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...